Funding Sources:

The following is a list of funding resources for Illinois residents that offer financial assistance to individuals and organizations in need of accessibility products..


Children’s Programs:

Grant A Wish:
Grant A Wish, Inc is a not for profit, tax exempt. 501 (c) (3) organization that since 1981, grants wishes to needy, disabled and abused children. For more information, please call the Chicago office at (773) 997-8126 or visit

Division of Specialized Care for Children (DSCC):
Administered by the University of Illinois, this program can provide accessibility modifications for certain individuals under the age of 21 with certain chronic physical disabilities and health impairments. For more information, please call the Chicago office at (312) 996-6380 or visit



Wounded Heroes Foundation:
The WHF provides immediate financial assistance to our heroes and their families. For more information, please call the Chicago office at (708) 212-2272 or visit


Home Modification:

Chicago Mayor’s Office for People with Disabilities (MOPD) Home Mod Program:
The HomeMod Program is run by the Mayor’s Office and enables people with disabilities of low to moderate income to have their homes and apartments modified for accessibility purposes. Eligibility mandates that the person with a disability be a Chicago resident, 59 years of age or younger, with certain income specifications. For more information, please call (312) 743-1523 or (312) 744-7833 (TTY) or visit

Home Repairs for Accessible and Independent Living (H-Rail):
The City of Chicago through the Department of Housing provides home improvements at no cost to qualified senior citizens age 60 and over who are residents of Chicago. Homeowners and renters are encouraged to apply. For further information, please call (312) 742-0014 or visit

Illinois Department of Human Services:
Government funding for home modifications through the Department of Human Services Office of Rehabilitation Services (ORS) is available for qualifying (ages 18-59) individuals. Please visit



Department of Health and Family Services (HFS):
The Illinois Healthcare and Family Services (HFS) administers the Medicaid program and provides health care assistance for qualified adults and children. In some cases, Medicaid will a pay for home medical equipment, including lifts that do not require home modifications. Please visit

Ramp Up Foundation:
This foundation through United Cerebral Palsy, can provide many types of home modifications as long as they are related to accessibility. For further information, please call (312) 765-0419 EXT 11 or visit


Loans / Tax Relief Programs:

E-Z Access Loan Program:
This program offered by the Amalgamated Bank of Chicago targets two specific groups, including individuals with disabilities and businesses that are seeking to comply with requirements of the ADA. The Bank has funds to make loans available at reduced rates. For more information, visit